Saturday, July 5, 2008

Words to Live By...

Bigger Barns
"Bigger barns are what I need!" So a rich man said one day." From my worries I'll be free when my wealth is stored away."

"Fool!" God said, "Today you'll die! Will your wealth mean anything? All life's blessings really lie in my life that wealth can't bring."

"Bigger barns are what we need for our money, gadgets, more!" Lord, we're tempted to believe having wealth, we'll be secure!

Somewhere children cry for food or to have a doctor's care. Can our bigger barns be good when poor neighbors know despair?

God of love, we long to know what will make us truly blest. Jesus taught us long ago wealth won't give us peace or rest. You are our security! Safe in you, we serve, O Lord. May we find we're rich indeed when we're sharing with the poor.

No comments: